I've been tagged by the lovely Emily Kate Muyskens to participate in the Writerly Meme (Meet My Character) blog tour. I think you're supposed to use meme(s) to describe/show your character and answer several questions about your character. (I hope I'm doing this right!)
Instead of introducing Ben, my protagonist, I thought it'd be fun to introduce a character he befriends. She's important behind the scenes and was really fun to write.
|Jennifer loves long-haired guys|
1. What is the name of your character? Is she a fictional person or a historic person?
Jennifer is fictional, but she could totally be real.
2. When and where is the story set?
The story takes place during the summer of 1992 in Bay Haven, Maine. (A fictional tourist town on Maine's coast.)
3. What should we know about your character?
She's eighteen, a chain-smoker, a metal head (glam metal is her fave sub-genre), blonde, tattooed, and obsessed with Bret Michaels. Her best friend is Mitch. She's not afraid to sing at the top of her lungs in a car full of people.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up her life?
Her main conflict (not the conflict of the story) is probably that she's stuck in Maine and has no way of following Poison across the country on tour. Plus, Bret Michaels has no idea she exists.
5. What is the personal goal of the character?
Besides meeting Bret and getting him to fall in love with her, Jennifer's main goal is to live life to its fullest. She's not afraid to take chances.
6. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
Yes. It's called THE TREASURE HUNT.
7. When can we expect the book to be published?
I tag my awesome CP and friend Katie Bucklein. She writes epic fantasy about pirates and sea monsters! If you'd also like to be tagged, let me know in the comments!